Saturday, December 5, 2009

Water based stage makeup?

I am going to try to do kabuki style stage makeup using water based powder stuff. I am afraid it will sweat off. Will it? If so, any tips for keeping it thick and vibrant, and on my face?Water based stage makeup?
Wash your face first, use astringent and then put on the makeup. Then make sure you powder it and use a setting spray (ben nye does make one). If you are doing any strenuous activity in it it probably will sweat off still. If that is the case you are better off with old based. If you put some cold cream on your face and rub it in before you use the oil base it will come off much easier.Water based stage makeup?
I swear ONLY by oil-based products, I get too hot too easily on stage. However, I know that you can set your make-up with a sealent spray. I think Ben Nye has some, but I've never tried any other brand to give you a different reference. But since you are using a powder base, that's prolly the only way you can get it to set without running the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting