Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mineral based makeup and dry skin?

I have been trying a brand of popular mineral based makeup and while I like the coverage I am finding that my skin is becoming very dry. I use moistureizer daily (always have) and still my skin is very dry. Am I using the makeup incorrectly or is this a side effect for some people?Mineral based makeup and dry skin?
No, that happens with the mineral makeup in some brands - I had that problem with the physicans formula, loreal and the bare minerals - I just switched to Sheer Cover - and I'm not having any problems whatsoever. Hope that helps.Mineral based makeup and dry skin?
Should be water base
I have very dry skin and have been using mineral makeup also. I noticed that my skin was getting a little dry, so I started using a makeup base in addition to my moisturizer.





Smashbox makes a really great make up base. It is a silky gel consistency and it helps keep your face moisturized and makeup smooth. It is called photofinish. I put the link for you below.





If you don't want to try that base, maybe try switching to a moisturizer for dry skin. It may help.
do you let your moistureizer dry all the way and soak in before using foundation? that might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting